Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cable Child Proof Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey people i was just thinking of a idea that would be kinda cool. You know the child lock on the cable/tv set where it ask you to enter a 4 digit code to unlock the channel. Couldnt a child see you enter the pass easily.

How about making a IR transmitter with a RFID card reader so you swipe a card and it sends the correct sequence of numbers to the set (tv/cable) and the child never sees the code.

Just a thought since this is the ideas section.

hi Jason,
Knowing the kids of today, they probably have a card swiper and will just clone the card.:eek:

How about watching your kids when they're watching TV =)

heh when my son is 10+ i wont need to watch him as much. So its not for now. Also i was thinking of a rfid card which would stay in the adults wallet like a credit card. These are hard to recreate.

Dont mess with your kids when it comes to what they want and you dont want! Child vengeance can be very expensive and inconvenient! ;)

Attachments

• poster68137183[1].jpg
    poster68137183[1].jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 126
  • poster55970961[1].jpg
    poster55970961[1].jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
By the time he gets to 10 he will know enough electronics and programming to make a device that cycles through the 1000 combinations in a few minutes.:D

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back