c tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahanaashwin

hi all
i know little assembly language, i dont know any thing about c, but in my office they want to write program in c. can anybody tell me the c tutorial website to learn c quickly
plsss

I would suggest reading a book instead. Actually I suggest 'THE book'.
Its "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.
Its the first and last book you ever need to learn C.

Its a very thin book and very easy to follow. people might suggest bigger books. You have to resist feeling 'bigger is better'.

Last edited:
hi all
i know little assembly language, i dont know any thing about c, but in my office they want to write program in c. can anybody tell me the c tutorial website to learn c quickly
plsss
Books!

I started out many many years ago with Programming In C, by Stephen Kochan (quite good) and C Made Easy, by Herbert Schildt, which appears to be out of print now.

As mentioned above - the highly recommended, The C Programming Language, Second Edition, by Brian W. Kernighan & Dennis M. Ritchie

Last edited:
I downloaded the Kernighan & Ritchie book (2nd edition) from edaboard (a pdf document) a few years ago (2nd Edition, 221 pages) but I see by your link that it's still in publication so now I'm wondering if the edaboard post was in error?

Mike

Last edited:
I downloaded the Kernighan & Ritchie book (2nd edition) from edaboard (a pdf document) a few years ago (2nd Edition, 221 pages) but I see by your link that it's still in publication so now I'm wondering if the edaboard post was in error?
No error. Looks like that site is in a foreign land where they don't have copyright rules and/or aren't overrun by scumbag lawyers and vermin gubmint bean counters. Still, it's probably not polite to leech their book. They probably make a few bucks from it still.

if u knew some basic about C ,then go for "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.
this book is higly recommended by every one....
even i m also reading the same book,its nice book...
if u don't know any thing about C or beginner,go for "ANSI C" by Balagurswami...after reding this book u can go for "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.

Thank you somuch friends,
sachin i got "ANSI C" by Balagurswami...book,thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…