Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C code function call error

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrock

I built a simple Hitech C program but wierd problem happens when I make a function call. Below is the code and error msg. Someone please point out what did I do wrong?

It happens when I moved the initiating code to a function call and then i started getting error messages. but after a few tries with build and rebuilding code, I would be able to compile successfully..?

Code:
#include <htc.h>;
#include <pic1687x.h>
#include <pic.h>

__CONFIG(WDTDIS & HS & UNPROTECT & DEBUGDIS & LVPDIS 
& WRTDIS & DUNPROT & BORDIS & PWRTEN);

unsigned char INT_COUNT = 0;
unsigned char Seconds = 0;

void interrupt isr(void)
{
	if(TMR2IF) 
		{
			if(INT_COUNT!=249) INT_COUNT++;

else 
			{
				if(RC0 == 0) RC0 = 1; else RC0 = 0;
				Seconds++;
				INT_COUNT = 0;
			}
		}
	TMR2IF = 0;
}

void main(void)
{
	init_main();
	while(1)
	{
	//	if(RC0 == 0) RC0 = 1;
	//	else RC0 = 0;

};
}

void init_main(void)
{
	TRISB = 0x00;
	TRISC = 0x00;
	ADCON0 = 0x00;
	PR2 = 124;
	T2CON = 0b01001111;
	TMR2IE = 1;
	INTCON = 0b11000000;
}

Code:
Build C:\PIC\C programming 1st\16f877 LED AND BUTTON for device 16F877
Using driver C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\PRO\9.60\bin\picc.exe

Make: The target "C:\PIC\C programming 1st\LED AND BUTTON.p1" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\PRO\9.60\bin\picc.exe" --pass1 "C:\PIC\C programming 1st\LED AND BUTTON.C" -q --chip=16F877 -P --runtime=default --opt=default -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error   [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" 
Warning [361] C:\PIC\C programming 1st\LED AND BUTTON.C; 30.1 function declared implicit int
Error   [984] C:\PIC\C programming 1st\LED AND BUTTON.C; 40.1 type redeclared
Error   [1098] C:\PIC\C programming 1st\LED AND BUTTON.C; 40.1 conflicting declarations for variable "init_main" (C:\PIC\C programming 1st\LED AND BUTTON.C:30)

********** Build failed! **********

You need to add a prototype at the top of your code,
Code:
__CONFIG(WDTDIS & HS & UNPROTECT & DEBUGDIS & LVPDIS 
& WRTDIS & DUNPROT & BORDIS & PWRTEN);

void init_main(void);            [COLOR="Red"]//added[/COLOR] 

unsigned char INT_COUNT = 0;

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I am trying to get the working to function. I studied C but this thread helped a lot. Thanks for skyrock and pommie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back