Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buzzer amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenver

Ok, this is going to sound pretty stupid but I haven't messed around with electronics in a while. :roll:

I'm working on a very simple alarm for a fencing class I'm in. I've got everything working well, a couple of 555 timers for the tone and the legnth, but the buzzer isn't loud enough. I'm using a 9v battery for power and I just need an ultra-simple amp/volume control. Any good ideas?

What sort of buzzer is it? Are you driving it directly off the 555 output, or via a transistor?

ya take the output of the through a transistor , like a 2N3904 or similar and you should be good to go.

I think I got it, I found an old LM386 Audio amp laying around. It's a little more complicated than I'd hoped but it works well.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back