Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buying a d amp, but which ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Right now i have pioneer A-307R stereo amplifier and some old hitachi speakers. I like how the system sounds. The only problem is, this amplifier is turned on 24/7 since i use it most of the time. This amplifier has an insane 30-35W of idle power consumption. In the summer it is like having a little oven on the table next to my keyboard. I would like to replace this amplifier with something a little more friendly as far as idle power draw goes. Qualitywise i would like it to match this cheap amplifier i have, i am not an audiophile. Budget is, i dont know, 100$ ? It would be cool to have a big knob for volume, knobs for bass/treble or balance are a bonus but not totaly necesary. It can have only 1 input source, but 2 are a bonus. My speakers are 30W/50W. Some cheap bluetooth amps on aliexpress can be had for as low as 5$ but i would like something tested and proven to be ok.

Last edited:
Try something like this; the TPA3116 amps are pretty good, though I'd not try running them at full claimed power with the minimal heatsinks on the boards.

I have a bunch of amps like this at home but this is all chinese made ... we know that it uses TPA3116 but we know nothing of other components. It would be great to get some kind of assembled small box that is proven to be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back