Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buying a book from the US via Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Hi guys,

I tried to buy this book in Amazon (first time using Amazon btw) but upon checkout I got this:

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order

I believe it's because of the shipping restrictions to Asian countries like mine?

I tried with the alternatives and got the same. Does this mean I just have to ask someone over there to buy it for me?

Thanks.
Vizier87

Being in Canada, I have had the same response when I try to purchase from Amazon.com (USA), I believe it is just items that are not shipped out of the US, If available, I have to buy on Amazon.ca .
Max.

What a strange world we have...

Some items come through Amazon, some come direct from the supplier and it depends on their individual policy.
In the case of books, I would recommend checking AbeBooks clearing house first, I have had some deals that put Amazon in the shade.
Max.

Thanks everyone.

Got it on CD on Amazon India...
You mean the same book I'm looking for? Mind sharing it with me then by email, perhaps?

Half.com is the eBay of books.

Search by ISBN number.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the ISBN is not "valid". I wonder why. The book's ISBN is ISBN-13: 978-0974164106

Then don't buy it from the USA.

I had a quick look at amazon .co.uk and found these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0974164100/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Two of them don't appear to have any problem selling to the "rest of the world".

JimB
I tried all three. All returned "Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order. You can also see if this item is available for delivery to your address from another seller."

Right now I'm trying with a local dealer who's like "let me look into my inventory" but you know... books like these are pretty low in demand.

Is it not possible to buy this book in Johor Bahru?
Are there no good bookshops that keep it in stock, or can order it for you?
Failing that, what about Singapore just "next door" over the causeway. You can buy all sorts of stuff there.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back