Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bus arrival information system - doubt regarding rf

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankar mass

friends , my projects is to display bus name through lcd display in bus stop when it coming at a certain distance approximately 80m using rf transmitter(in bus ) and receiver(in bus stop ) . I'm facing two problems .
1. when two bus came simultaneously. receiver couldn't receive data . i want to transmit two signals .

2. program idea or steps to do for above project. I'm using pic16f877

Why can't receiver receive two signals? Are you proposing to transmit continuously?

The simple approach is to transmit a short signal from the transmitters with a random gap between each transmission. That way it's less likely that signals from multiple transmitters will collide, and if they do, it's even more unlikely that they'll collide a second time.

ya I'm using pic16f877 for my project. it used to display bus name by searching in look up table . but not with rf. can you suggest some model circuit or how to do ?

The transmitter should use something to encode the signal also. You can use a microcontroller to do that. The delay can be put into the transmitter's microcontroller code while you're at it.

friends , i have to stop receiving signals from transmitter placed in bus after crossing the bus stop . how can i do it ? suggest me some ideas .

s sir you are correct . i am using two buses . if i set delay for two buses. wat can i do if they start /stop transmitting at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back