Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burglar alarm with IR sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink_scarf

I need to construct a burglar alarm with an IR sensor and LDR for an electronics project.
I can make 2 separate circuits or combine them as one. However I need a circuit diagram to start building it.Please help me.
Thanks

I need to construct a burglar alarm with an IR sensor and LDR for an electronics project.
I can make 2 separate circuits or combine them as one. However I need a circuit diagram to start building it.Please help me.
Thanks

Hi, pink_scarf. Welcome to ETO! :)
I'm not sure quite what you mean--You want to use an IR sensor AND an LDR? Those are two different types of sensors. Perhaps you meant an IR sensor and an IR emitter? A bit of clarification could be helpful here ;)
Der Strom

nope..thats not what i meant..the ir led & ir reciever is a separate thing and the ldr is a separate thing..
i need a circuit which incoporates both IR and LDR.
If i dont get it i'll just use 2 separate circuits one with the LDR and one with the IR
Please let me know in case u come across a burglar alarm circuit which meets the specifications

Thanks

Sorry thats still not very clear, I imagine the IR emitter and receiver would be a "beam break" type of alarm.
But what is the LDR for ?

Last edited:
Sorry thats still not very clear, I imagine the IR emitter and receiver would be a "beam break" type of alarm.
But what is the LDR for ?

hi Brevor,
I think what he is asking for is a combined detector that uses an IR detector and LDR detector, in series or parallel, which gives an output if either, or both of the detectors is/are obscured from the remote IR emitter.???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back