Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burden Resistance/Measuring Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I want to use a voltage sensors for a closed loop operation of a dc/dc converter. The sensed voltage will be given to the ADC of a micro-controller. The output of the sensor will be a current (10mA- 25mA), so in order to convert to voltage I will have to put a burden resistor/measurement rersistor. Now the range of this resistor as mentioned in datasheet of the voltage sensor is given as 100 ohms to 300 ohms.
SO I have two options, either I can put a fixed resistance or a trimmer resistance(variable resistance). Trimmer resistance is better because I can adjust it later to get optimum value. But the problem is the available Trimmer resistance have higher tolerance values of around 10% compared to 0.5%-1% of that of fixed one. Will the tolearnce be a proble. Please explain.
Here is the schematic of closed loop (not exactly my project)

Dc-to-dc-boost-converter-circuit-with-closed-loop-system.png

Here is the functional diagram of voltage sensor:
closedloop sensor.PNG

Also, see the attached datasheet of the voltage sensors.

Attachments

• VH1K0T01_04.pdf
    404.1 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back