Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Built a FM Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Can u guide me how to built FM Receiver? How to tune and what the frequency range? Because i have found circuit for FM Tx but not Rx. Can u help me? i am beginner(from Malaysia) in electronic project..Thank you very much.. Sir

abt fm transmitter reciever

hi
i am from india
building a fm transmitter reciever ckt is very tough bcoz of the complexity
involved in the tuning.u get readily available transmitter reciever ckts
in india .u should propably get it at ur place. the problem u r likely to face would be in designing the inductor or should i say making the inductor coil which is a bit complicated and tricky.if u r still bent upon doing it then u can visit boondog.com. u should be able to get sufficient information.
hope this helps u.
bye

Hi,
It is easy to construct and FM radio reveiver using newly developed ICs. NO FM radios don't use many inductors. You'll find hardly one or two inductors in those circuits which are of standard value and very easy to get. Philips manufactures FM reveiver IC using which you can construct you own radio with quite a few external components.

Kinjal

me bangs my head intentionally against a wall once again!!!:( Is there no relief in sight?

Quality FM receivers employ many inductors. If all you care about is basically "intercepting" an FM signal then go with the minimal parts designs. If you want good sensitivity, selectivity, and stereo demod. then there's not much getting around having to deal with inductors.

The old Philips TDA7000 IC has not been made for many years. It had extremely poor performance. Some newer one are made today, are surface-mount-only and are made for cheap toys because they also have extremely poor performance.

I bought an AM-FM clock radio for $1.00. It works extremely poorly but better than the Philips TDA7000 "radio" that I got for free.

I'll bet you that $1 am/fm clock radio has a number of inductors in it too and has better selectivity than that Phillips chip radio.

HiTech said:
I'll bet you that $1 am/fm clock radio has a number of inductors in it too and has better selectivity than that Phillips chip radio.
Yes it does have inductors, and its selectivity is a little better than the Philips one. I wouldn't be able to make one because the inductors are specially made for the radio and I would needf to buy a minimum of 10,000 of them. The tuning capacitor is also specially made for the radio.

LOL Wow this one came back to life from 2002. Great job craciun. I wonder if he ever got that radio built!

LOL Sig239 ... I hadn't bothered to notice the original posting dates on these craciun-revived threads so hat's off to your keen observation.
I'm starting to wonder however, if craciun has just come out of a coma? I'm sitting here laughing out loud, almost uncontrolably.... this is so d@mn hilarious!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Maybe Craciun was in jail for the last 4 years.
He has a lot of catching-up to do. :D

I wonder if he realizes microprocessor chips now clock at 3Ghz, McDonald's now has dual drive-thru lanes, Honda & Toyota offer hybrid technology vehicles, space probes have now landed on distant worlds and asteroids, and a loaf of bread costs $2.00. Perhaps he should change his forum name to Cranium ... it's a better fit!!:rolleyes:

Oh no! Here comes another bout of uncontrollable laughter ( bent over, with arms under rib cage almost falling out of desk chair on to the floor)

Last edited:
I am instructure of radio electronics and i want to build an fm transmitter of 1 watt please semd me circuits diagram for this with full details

There are FM stereo transmitter kits available and their schematics are on the internet. Their output is about 100mW but RF amplifier circuits for them are also on the internet.

Those circuits are too simple to produce a good quality radio.

Although the one using valves looks alright you probably won't be able to but the components as they're obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back