Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an Electric Go-Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamit

Hello,

I am in the process of building an electric go-kart for an independant study this semester. I need your collective expertise to help me pick out the correct size (rating) DC motors and also the circuitry to go along with this to control it.

It is will be driven tank style (with one motor controlling each side of the car). So, the front and back axle of each side of the car will be chained together by wheels. However, each side of the car is controlled separately by one of two motors. I would imagine the total weight of the car with passenger to be about 450 lbs with the motors, chassis, battery, and person. Am I close (for a person of 175 lbs)? Also, I need help in finding the correct type of battery and charger combination. I would like it to be able to go about 25 to 30 mph at top speed. I am a computer engineer, and should be able to understand basic diagrams, but will definitely need help on much of this process. I have done digital systems lab work, and am very excited to do this project!

Your help is appreciated!,

Amit

hey, thanks for the links!

I would appreciate suggestions (numerically) for what I should be looking to buy. Please let me know if you have any!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back