Building an 8-bit binary input to 3 - 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novell2NT

I am in the process of trying to build a 8-bit binary input to 3 - 7 segment display output.

I have ordered and just received 6 - 74185's although I think I only need 3. I like to have extras.
I have also picked up 3 - 8051 micro controllers, that I would like to program with a lookup table.
1.) I have downloaded the Keil C51 program, that I can use to write the program and assemble it with. I would like to use ASM language to build this table.
2.) I also have a miniPRO Programmer, to actually install the program onto the 8051 chip.

So, if anyone can draw me a diagram, showing me how to wire the 74185's up, that would be great. I would like to keep it simple at first and just have 10 LEDs
representing the output, that would be passed to the LED drivers. xx(1-2) xxxx(0-9) xxxx(0-9)

I would also love to get my 8051 programmed and working. I am thinking to use 1 port for the binary input and the other 3 ports to actually drive the 7 segment displays directly.

I know there are a lot o good examples here, and I will start looking them over, but will probably have a few questions.

Here is a pic of the project that I am working on, and would like to build an output register, that will display the output on 3 - 7 segment displays.

Attachments

• 2016-12-28_15-27-12.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 259
hi N,
Is this the circuit you have in mind.?
E

EDIT:
Added 16bit
ALL unused inputs a grounded

Attachments

• bin2a.gif
    175.2 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Hi Novell,

That is some breadboard you have made. I'm intrigued, have you made a computer?

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…