Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a Wah Pedal [Need Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusAstronaurt

So I'm getting into the Guitar effects DYI thing, and the first project I'm doing with that is trying to build the wah pedal from this site:

Fuzz Central -- Vox Clyde McCoy Wah

I've gathered pretty much all of the parts except for pretty much the two MOST IMPORTANT PARTS, the Inductor and the PCB. Pretty much everywhere I turn, any help about either of these components is pretty much non-existent. I went impulsive and bought a kit online to build my own Inductor unit, but now I don't have the Wire to coil it with and seemingly nowhere to find it. I've went into local radioshacks, hardware stores, hobby stores, and electronics stores, but they're all equally unhelpful past this point.

What I'm specifically looking for is some reference where I could buy the necessary WIRE (38 AWG) and also buy the material for the CIRCUIT BOARD (I plan on printing it out with my Laser printer myself) any thoughts, suggestions, help is greatly appreciated as I've spent enough time on this thing as is - I'd really be happy to finish it and use this Wah Pedal with my Rig!

You can get fine enamelled copper wire from small AC motors (the quiet ones), some fans, from battery analogue alarm clocks etc. Or you can buy it from a shop, e.g. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back