Building a PCB etching Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swsean

Hey. I am new here.
For my FYP, I am building a PCB etching Tank. For the immersion heater, I wanted to have a feedback temperature. However, I couldn't find a suitable temperature sensor to be used, as the sensor required needs to be waterproof and also not metal as i might be submerged in water

Anyone knows what sensor should I use for my project?

I've had one of those tanks for 20 years, it doesnt look like that anymore.
Mine has a rena fish tank test tube type heater, its built in 'stat is quite capable.
You can get Ds18b20 temp sensors with a stainless tube covering them, make sure first though that the stuff in the tank isnt going to eat it.

That's why I'm still single - I always refused to allow any limitations on when or where I could work on things...

Many years ago I decided not to etch my own circuit boards any more. I never could get the quality good, I couldn't do plated-through holes, tin plating was another process, and I couldn't do solder resist, and it took ages, was messy and lots of chemicals needed to be stored.

Now that places like https://jlcpcb.com are staggeringly cheap, and more and more components are only available in fine pitch packages, I can't ever see me etching boards again.

That's why I'm still single - I always refused to allow any limitations on when or where I could work on things...

I'm no longer single because I figured out that a glass dish of Ferric Chloride sitting in a laundry tub with a few inches of hot water etches a pcb perfectly well - the benefits of a lifelong mate are fantastic.

...the benefits of a lifelong mate are fantastic.
It took me many years to find her, but I wouldn't want to be without mine. She gives me loads of support and plenty of space for tinkering, and I give her anything I can in return. She wants to talk and unload after her day, no problem, I have to do the same sometimes. She wants pastry/ice cream picking up from the store/gas station - no problem, it's likely I may want something too, but wasn't thinking of it, and it's not like it's a whole shopping trip, just in and out.
Yesterday morning was "sick of this TV buffering on WiFi", so I knocked up a LAN cable and got her back to her Netflix shows. 10 mins to find the ends and crimping tool, plus some cable, got me a tinkering pass for the rest of the day.
She's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…