Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build Circuit Using PIC Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

young707082

I'm trying to build a circuit using a PIC microcontroller to convert the analog signal from a microphone.

PIC microcontroller decide to use: PIC16F877A. Compiler: MPLAB
(Is PIC16F877A suitable for this kind of project?)

Objective:
Light up an LED & activate the DC motor if the sound level is above a certain dB (Need to differentiate at lease 2 different level of dB).
(Only use 1pc. of PIC16F877A without any other IC, is it feasible?)

Draft Flow Chart:
Microphone---> Amplifier--->LED/ DC Motor
(This flow correct?)

All talents... Please help... Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Use only one Pic chip - yes - use only one ic ?

Your mic will probably need an amplifier, as you show in your flowchart - this could be transistors or an op amp ic.

A Pic can drive a led directly but a dc motor ( size not given ) needs extra transistors or an ic to drive it.

Mic - Amplifier - PIC adc conversion, level control, output control - led / motor

Guys can you help me find a schematic diagram for PIC16F877A, based on the above project that I intending to do? Thanks!

Use only one Pic chip - yes - use only one ic ?

Your mic will probably need an amplifier, as you show in your flowchart - this could be transistors or an op amp ic.

A Pic can drive a led directly but a dc motor ( size not given ) needs extra transistors or an ic to drive it.

Mic - Amplifier - PIC adc conversion, level control, output control - led / motor

please xplain what a oopic microcontroler is?????????? n hw can we learn matlab????????

Here is a circuit that converts the analogue output of a microphone to a digital signal.
**broken link removed**
The level can be controlled by the voltage-dividers on the base of the second transistor. If you want two different levels, you will need two "second stages" with the appropriate adjustments on the bases.

Last edited:
Colin, schematics for circuits that use PIC's are completely useless without the code that run's on it...

Colin, schematics for circuits that use PIC's are completely useless without the code that run's on it...

I realise that, but I am not going to waste more time in providing code etc when 90% of the time the original poster doesn't even have the decency to reply to anything that is presented on this forum.

Then don't post anything, that junk circuit does nothing without junk code. You have successfully wasted the time of EVERY user that read your post, not just the original poster.

I might openly mock a person here, I would however never do it in the guise of information.

I request the code.

i totally don't have idea...because i'm very fresh & fool in electronics & programming...hopefully can get some reference...

colin you gonna post that code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back