Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buffer ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoine magdi

Hello everyone!

It's my first time to use a buffer;
can anyone explain in details what's the buffer (shift register or what), how i can enter my input to the buffer.... and then how to read it...
if you want to take an example take the Rsb509b2 as an example!

thanks in advance!

A buffer can be something as simple as a single transistor circuit used for impedance matching...a common base with the emitter as the input(collector as out) will match a low impedance source to a higher load...

Arggghhhh I missed the ic bit in the title........Should have gone to Specsavers...:) lol

Last edited:
The Rsb509b2 is basically a FIFO (First In First Out) buffer. It has a memory (32 bytes in this case) which allows the input data rate and output data rate to be different (as long as the difference doesn't exceed 32 bytes). It allows for temporary storage of a momentary burst of input data at a rate higher than the receive circuit can accept.

The IC has input and output clock and signal pins to allow the data to be read in and out at different rates. See the data sheet for details on how to do that.

buffers are basically used in any data transferring / receiving or storing devices.. any data that is received or that is to b sent is first hold in buffer then passed ahead when the other end device is ready,, to input data in the buffer parallel or serial clock is needed.. at a clock pulse the data (a word) is stored in the buffered..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back