Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buck-boost converter design problem-urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

janice

Hi
I just want to write a report on the best buck-boost converter on the market by comparing them

I can mock up requirements such as

Range of input: 18V-30V

Output current: 3A

Switching frequency: 250kHz

Size:
------------------------
My criteria of evaluting those will be

:
Operating mode

Range of Input

Switching Frequency

Price(USD)

Efficiency

Size

Support for debug

Temperature
--------------------------
Does this make sense?
If you have more suggestions, plz let me know !!

All those features are useful, but I'm curious as to how you define "best"? Different customers are likely to have different priorities, depending on the intended use of the converter.

yes you really need to say the use....eg is it constant load as in a led driver?.....or is it likely to have serious transients?......is the duty cycle likely to be very high (might mean a constant off time buck boost is needed),
do you need negative or positive output voltage.
Do you need the output voltage referred to ground, or to vin like it is with many buckboost led drivers.
Is you power level very very low......then use hysteretic type control.
etc etc...

We need
Vin, Vout, Iout and the nature of the load (transients or constant), etc etc.
Big storage caps at the output?

Vin should be same as Vout. Iout should be 3A.. I can just mock the design. so I will change to intended for constant load in a led driver. Then, the power level would be roughly below..100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back