Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BT139 get burned for 230 v LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

sira_c

Hi guys. this is sira from sri lanka. we have a religious festival called - "wesak "and we make circuits for decorative bulbs

I had a circuit purchased from local market and it got BT 139 traic for drive 230V filament type bulbs. i normally connect 10 number of 5W bulbs and haven't had any issue so far. recently i connect 230V led bulbs. for this circuit. actually this bulb got a circuit in side. it got miler capacitor - 115 J 400V and then bridge rectifier. then DC current goes to 6 LED via few resistors. when i connect 2, 3 LED it was ok, but after connect 10 LED , traic got burned.
is the capacitor take high current ? i have 10 LED units in parallel on this light circuit.

please let me know how to fix this issue

Thank you

I would guess it's the inrush current to charge the capacitors. I'm sure one of the analogue guys will have a solution.

Mike.

Hi guys. this is sira from sri lanka. we have a religious festival called - "wesak "and we make circuits for decorative bulbs

I had a circuit purchased from local market and it got BT 139 traic for drive 230V filament type bulbs. i normally connect 10 number of 5W bulbs and haven't had any issue so far. recently i connect 230V led bulbs. for this circuit. actually this bulb got a circuit in side. it got miler capacitor - 115 J 400V and then bridge rectifier. then DC current goes to 6 LED via few resistors. when i connect 2, 3 LED it was ok, but after connect 10 LED , traic got burned.
is the capacitor take high current ? i have 10 LED units in parallel on this light circuit.

please let me know how to fix this issue

Thank you

this is the similar diagram
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitive_power_supply

Have you tried to replace the shunt regulator with a triac???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back