Brushed motors , can I slow start them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolly_g2002

Does any one know if it is possible to slow start power from a lithium battery to a brushed motor ?. Reading into this there's a lot of forums that say lithium batteries are to aggressive on the brushed motors. Trying to work with a 18 to 24 v motors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-143352~2.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20221024-143429~2.png
    413.8 KB · Views: 160
Solution
My first thought would be a speed controller, something along these lines:

If you replace the pot with a capacitor and resistor, so each time power is switched on the speed input starts at zero and ramps up, that should give you the soft-start effect. Add a reverse diode across the resistor to quickly reset it when power is switched off.

Or, if the motor load is low, just a power resistor to limit the initial current and short that with a relay after eg. half a second, using a capacitor across the relay coil and resistor feeding it to delay the relay switching on.
Again, a reverse diode across the resistor will give a fast reset.
My first thought would be a speed controller, something along these lines:

If you replace the pot with a capacitor and resistor, so each time power is switched on the speed input starts at zero and ramps up, that should give you the soft-start effect. Add a reverse diode across the resistor to quickly reset it when power is switched off.

Or, if the motor load is low, just a power resistor to limit the initial current and short that with a relay after eg. half a second, using a capacitor across the relay coil and resistor feeding it to delay the relay switching on.
Again, a reverse diode across the resistor will give a fast reset.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…