Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brother Printer Cartridge Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmanager

Hi Guys

I'm looking for the Brother Printer Expert amongst us .. .. .. .

A while ago I bought a Brother MFC-J870DW All in One Printer on Ebay .. .. described as brand new with faulty power supply. Investigation revealed printer was built for USA market and therefore 120 vac. Someone had cut off two pin plug, fitted a UK type and applied 240 vac. I found capacitor with top blown out and rectifier diodes with possible problem so I replaced them all, bought a 240v - 120v power adaptor, plugged in, turned on, everything leapt into life.

Pound seats, I thought ... however .. ... ..

I cannot get the machine to recognise the ink cartridges .. ..spoke to Brother Service who told me the ink cartridges in the USA are likely to be different, possibly different chip .. .. so I imported a set of cartridges from California .. the cases are clear plastic, instead of black ... but they are still not recognised, probably because the chip on the cartridge is exactly the same !

I've attached a pic of both sides of a the cartridge chip .. .. .. I don't suppose anyone here has encountered this before and got any solutions ?

Thanks folks

S

Attachments

• Chip 1.jpg
    Chip 1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Chip 2.jpg
    Chip 2.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 248
Brother: All sorts of nonsense **broken link removed**
printer must be on when installing
Install Slowly
MUST use starter cartridges when used the first time.
etc.

Hola MM

About Epson cartridges I found alot in the past but I do not recall anything about Brother.

Careful reading of service manual (if lucky to get one) could inform you many things. Happened in occasion of surgery of an Epson printer, some years ago.

Hi Guys

KISS .. .. Thanks for the link .. .. I did find that and went through the various suggested processes to no avail. There were no 'Starter Cartridges' with the machine but the man from Brother assured me the only difference is that they have slightly more ink in them to cater for the initial fill.

AT .. .. . Careful reading of the Brother Service Manual would be great .. unfortunately, they are like English Rugby World Cup Finalists !

Good to hear from you both :)

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back