Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broken oscope. suggestions on what to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

Hi All,

My broken oscope just arrived and I'm trying to figure out what needs to be replaced. Looks like it is out of focus. Hopefully it doent have any other problems, but I guess i'll find out once I get the display fixed.

Any idea where to start? I'm thinking it might be something with the high voltage board? I have another dead 2430A that I could swap with, but the board layouts are different. So I'm not sure if they are interchangable?

Attachments

• bad_oscope.jpg
    bad_oscope.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 128
Yeouch! Looks nasty. ;)

The vert timebase is oscillating, maybe the horiz too, and there is a very obvious lower freq noise component shown by the darker areas...

I bet it's got bad caps in the PSU and the PSU rails look more like AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back