Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bridge rectifier help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny five

I have a 4d4b42 diode rectifier that needs replacing, I'm having trouble cross referencing part #. It's on a power supply board out of a Yamaha clavinova electronic piano. It's from 1985.i found demon also used this br in their audio amps, but has been discontinued and I can't seem to locate any data info, really any info about part replacement. Any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance

Why not simply replace it with 4 rectifier diodes?, IN5408's would be fine.
Thank you for your fast response and for your help.i wasn't sure of specs on the original part,but I was saying I want to get 4 diodes and make my own.ive been an electrician for 28 years, I don't do it anymore, I also have a short 10 month degree in electronics from a while back and am now setting up shop,I appreciate your help, I will be purchasing some stock this week,and will be including these diodes, thanks again. John

Thank you diver 300 for your fast response and your help, mouser is out of stick till end of dec.nigel had a great suggestion in using 4 diodes and making one, I'm going to roll with that idea, I just wasn't sure as to which diodes to use, not knowing the specs of the original.great info from you both, thanks again for your help and prompt response. John

How many watts (listed at the specification name plate) and what voltage is the biggest capacitor rated at?

Thank you diver 300 for your fast response and your help, mouser is out of stick till end of dec.nigel had a great suggestion in using 4 diodes and making one, I'm going to roll with that idea, I just wasn't sure as to which diodes to use, not knowing the specs of the original.great info from you both, thanks again for your help and prompt response. John

When I used to do TV repairs we used to keep two types of bridge in stock, one for everything else, and one for Grundig - for some reason Grundig used one with the pins in a different order.

The guys in the vans doing service would commonly run out of Grundig ones (i.e. not replenish their stock when they ran out!), so used to fit four diodes in the house.

When I used to do TV repairs we used to keep two types of bridge in stock, one for everything else, and one for Grundig - for some reason Grundig used one with the pins in a different order.

The guys in the vans doing service would commonly run out of Grundig ones (i.e. not replenish their stock when they ran out!), so used to fit four diodes in the house.
We had a load of boards made up with Bridge Rectifiers from India. They all had a plastic cover on with the correct pin designations but when they got hot or a card failed, the cover would end up as powder and reveal the actual bridge rectifier underneath with the wrong pin designation ..... that caught a few people out !

We had a load of boards made up with Bridge Rectifiers from India. They all had a plastic cover on with the correct pin designations but when they got hot or a card failed, the cover would end up as powder and reveal the actual bridge rectifier underneath with the wrong pin designation ..... that caught a few people out !

Ooh - that's fun :D

To be fair, it wasn't 'that trivial' sticking four diodes on the boiard in place of a bridge - amazingly easy to make a mistake.

i had a sansui (iirc) receiver once that used 4 diodes on a tie strip as a bridge rectifier.... it had been hit by lightning and there were just 8 blackened wires where the diodes had been. it didn't take long to figure out how the diodes went back in, but i can see somebody with no experience making a mistake with the orientation of at least one of the 4 diodes...

4D4B42.
Convoluted out dated numbering system by Toshiba designed for specific manufacturer (Denon, Pioneer etc..)
Standard 4A Bridge rectifier same as 4J4B41

Attachments

• TOSHS15180-1-1.pdf
    111.7 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back