Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadmaker running at half speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkholmes

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. My rudimentary understanding of electronics has reached its limits.

I have a bread-maker which worked perfectly for a while then recently developed a very specific fault - it runs at half-speed, i.e. on the countdown timer display every minute actually lasts two minutes. The various stages it goes through in the breadmaking cycle all last twice as long as they are meant to. What could be causing this?

I found a 12 Mhz ceramic oscillator on the circuit board which I replaced, but this made no difference to the fault. I then tried replacing the oscillator with a 20 Mhz Crystal just to see what would happen. This messed up the functions quite alot - i.e. none of the buttons did what they were meant to anymore. I did eventually get it going with the 20 Mhz crystal in, but the countdown timer stubbornly insisted on counting down in 2 minute intervals as before.

My tentative conclusion is that there is another pulse source on the board somewhere. Would this be on the chip itself (the writing on the chip is below)? I also read that some circuits can get their pulse from the mains AC oscillation - what would the components which do that look like?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and assistance!

Sam

Chip:
TEMIC
DML31021D
TSCC51TSQ-12CA

That is a very odd problem, but you're right in thinking that it is probably electronic. I wish I could help, hopefully someone who knows a bit more about embedded timers will see this and help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back