Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCHurricane89

Im not super electronics guru, but from time to time, I like to build little circuits, and what not. I just recently bought a little breadboard, to test circuits before soldering them. I got this one from radioshack: Modular IC Breadboard Socket - RadioShack.com
It's small, but im sure it will work for the time being. Anyways, it came with a metal backplate, or something. The breadboard also has the 2 power-busses on the sides, and a double stick foam tape holding them on. Am i supposed to peel back one side fo the sticky foam, and place the metal plate on the back? Does this prevent short circuits or something? Thanks!

Yes, it's sticky backed so you can easily mount it to a piece of wood, metal etc.

Some audio amplifier circuits and most radio circuits do not work when made on a breadboard because all the long jumper wires are antennas that pickup interference and they have high capacitance and high inductance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back