Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bpm china time signal on 10Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I can get a reasonable signal with just a little fading on 10Mc, obviously this isnt Wwv as I'm in the Uk.
Could this be Bpm china?
An unmodulated Cw signal would be kinda usefull for various things.
Edit: according to wikipedia Bpm modulates its signal so I'm not sure what this is, I get the same in 2 locations so I dont thinks its something in the vicinity.

Last edited:
Hmm, this might be my stupidity.
Trying to receive this on Cw is most likely removing the sidebands on the Am modulation due to the narrow band of Cw.

Last edited:
Earlier this evening, (about 20:00 ish) I had a listen on 10,000kHz and could hear a signal which either had some low frequency modulation, or what sounded a bit like the flutter which happens when a signal passes over the north pole. (Auroral Flutter).
I was not able to detect any time pips.

I could also hear RWM on 9996kHz from Russia.
I heard this one clearly identify itself in morse.

At 10,000.5 kHz I can hear an unmodulated carrier which is obviously local as there is no fading.
Also, it is still there at 23:20 as I am typing this post while all the other signals around 10Mhz have disappeared as the ionosphere has changed.

I also listened on 5000kHz and could hear a similar signal to that on 10,000kHz.
And I could hear RWM on 4996kHz.

I am currently (23:25) listening to 5000kHz, there is a time signal which is modulated as per the schedule shown in the Wikipedia entry for BPM.
RWM is there on 4995kHz.

23:30 Positive identification, the time signal on 5000kHz identified itself in morse as BPM.

I will have another listen on 10,000kHz tomorrow to see if I can hear BPM identify itself there.

JimB

what sounded a bit like the flutter which happens when a signal passes over the north pole. (Auroral Flutter).
I wish "location" appeared under every ones name. They you would know why, when I hear WWV the signal is strong enough to light a light bulb.

Thats interesting.
The 4996 Rwm signal is clearer here than the 9996 or 14996 is.
Listening now I get nothing on 5Mc, just a faint signal on 10Mc with no noticeable mod, and on 15Mc I get a reasonable signal with audible mod, but it doesnt match Bpm's protocol, I get 500mS beep, 500mS silence carrier switched signal.
Theres a web sdr on the west coast and another on the north coast of scotland, the former gets the same as me on 15Mc, nothing on 5 or 10, the latter doesnt get anything on all 3.
Listening to my rx and a web sdr in china on 15Mc I get the same signal, I'be been listening from 55 to 05 past the hour, no sign of a morse Id.
Confusing.

I have been listening to 10Mhz for the past couple of hours, also watching the rx af output on a waterfall display on a pc.
I saw something very weak on 10,000kHz, but I have noticed it identify in any way.

I have seen all sorts of odd signals which are +/- a few hundred Hz of 10,000kHz, but nothing with an obvious identity.

RWM on 9996kHz is nice and strong here at the moment.

I don't hear anything in the 5Mhz region.

JimB

I still get the signal on 15Mc, 1/2 sec on and 1/2 sec off.
4996 and 9996 dont come in till nightfall, 14996 does come in fairly well.
I think the signals you get close to 10Mc are local devices with a 10Mc osc onboard slightly off freq, I get them too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back