Bought new router, for wood that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, seems i need to make my own carrying case, at same fashion as my DSO: pretty pricey, locally around 70€, but at least router is safe if i drop it...

The data on cancer are pretty mixed: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/pel88/wooddust.html I would suggest common sense protective measures as you would use for any nuisance dust.

Cedar (and maybe other aromatic woods) may present a special risk of acquired alveloar proteinosis (aka diffuse alveolar proteinosis), which may be due to an allergic reaction.

John

I would suggest common sense protective measures as you would use for any nuisance dust.
Yeah, i have minor lack of alpha-antirypsine (affects protection for lungs and liver, skin colour and so on....even my eye balls are yellowish at morning, many confuse and think i have some sort of liver-problem)
so i use breathing mask pretty often, ecpecially when sanding, but not when ''roughing'' like routing.

drat, coul'nt test it out today, rained all day long....hopefully tomorrow is better weather! i don't have garage...

Okay managed to test it today, and i'm pleased to it. Sound level is pretty low even on full speed, doesn't kick due soft-start.
Power cord is pretty long, better that way...
Easy to handle by free hand, even it's top-heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…