Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost converter build help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethompsonv861

vRtduvx.gif
Hello any and all I'm new to the site and hope someone here can help me. I am tired of buying boost converters that fail the ones I'm talking about are the 150w DC-DC converters that you c on Ebay. They short pretty easily so instead of waiting 10 days to get more and take chance it does same thing thinking to make my own. A very simple and cheap DC-DC boost converter I have 1x diode 1N1007, a 10uf 315v capacitor, a transformer I want to use a SW7N60 where the switch is to rapidly open and close to charge the capacitor and boost the voltage. Just not sure how to wire I need to supply constant 30vdc to LED. 9vdc battery and button makes a 100w LED light up just need the transistor to work it and also not to exceed voltage rating any and all help is welcome. Thanks

Last edited:

A 1N4007 is very slow. It was designed to work at 60hz. It will not be happy working at switching power supply speeds.
I think you need to order parts any whay.

Next: What LED are you using? I think you should get a LED power supply not a 30vdc power supply. They are on ebay also.
A power supply for 100W, 30V, 3.3A for LEDs will regulate at 3.3A not 30V. LEDs are current not voltage devices.

A 1N4007 is very slow. It was designed to work at 60hz. It will not be happy working at switching power supply speeds.
I think you need to order parts any whay.

Next: What LED are you using? I think you should get a LED power supply not a 30vdc power supply. They are on ebay also.
A power supply for 100W, 30V, 3.3A for LEDs will regulate at 3.3A not 30V. LEDs are current not voltage devices.
I agree a driver would be the best way to go but since the LED is only a cheap 30w COB or a 100w driven with a 12vdc Walwart and a 150v dc-dc converter for my indoor pepper garden been working pretty good I just through things together around the house and because things break I'd like to know how they work so I can repair if needed that's why I'd like to build. I used this guy's example of learning about conductors made this simple device that works
525YF1e.png
but just need to regulate the power with a switching transistor to turn on and off could not that work and be cost effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back