Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

book recomendations for pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Madeit to Washington state.My son-in-law recommended I look at abebooks.com for cheap books.
Found several on pic basic and pic basic pro.
Am just a newbi have programmed using swordfish basic.
QUESTION = is pic basic similar toswordfish?
found several likly candates for purchase
PICBASIC PROJECTS by Dogan Ibrahim dealswith 16F series. convert to 18F series?? $28.03
and
PIC in PRACTIC by D. W. Smith $23.11
anyone offer advice on either of these or perhaps something better??

Man picbasic pro is not any thing like swordfish I told you before I think you would like
picbasic pro better then swordfish.

I would go for this one PICBASIC PROJECTS by Dogan Ibrahim dealswith 16F series. convert to 18F series

I am writing an on-line book right now. It is 1/3 ready. The first section (beginner's) is complete. It talks about assembly though. You may find it useful. Or at least the tutorials...

**broken link removed**

Pretty good instructions

You mayneed some editing as some of the text runs off the page and images cover some of the text.
GREAT book. Can't wait untilI get home to try out some of the routines.
Need topurchase some 16F pics. All I have on hand are 18F1320's
of coarse I could just convert but easier to just get some 16F pics.
going into Oregon today to take grandkid fishing. maybe stop at Fry electronics, see if they have any 16F88 pics.

It's Stamp BASIC books but they're free and very well written.
**broken link removed**

Yes Bill that's a good ideal.

If he got picbasicpro he could lean a lot with them. I use them a lot
don't no why I never told any one LOL

The even have some on sensors

Last edited:
You mayneed some editing as some of the text runs off the page and images cover some of the text.
GREAT book. Can't wait untilI get home to try out some of the routines.
Need topurchase some 16F pics. All I have on hand are 18F1320's
of coarse I could just convert but easier to just get some 16F pics.
going into Oregon today to take grandkid fishing. maybe stop at Fry electronics, see if they have any 16F88 pics.

What browser you use? I had indeed some problems with the IE (that i hate). Can you please tell me where you came up with the problems?

Thanks

presently using internet explorer -yuck!!

at home I use firefox. great browser
will get back toyou about little problems
the problems I have presently are sticky keys and glare from the sun.

Hi, I use opera, Just browsing through your pages. The site looks good, one problem though; the text seems to be quite small and hard to read. I would make it bigger (just a suggestion) ;) No other problems, keep up the good work. :)

I visited again

and now can't find what I am pretty sure was there before (images overlapping text.
Yes I agree the text could be larger.
I know first hand how hard it is to construct a website.
I can't wait to get home and try the tuturioals. Thinking of weather to order some 16F88 pics or go with the 18F1320's I have.
could be easier going with the 16F pics but a learning challenge to use the 18F pics.
I like the bottom menue for selecting pages

the only issue i have with your site is that i cant see images well. It would be better to have image clicks open the image on a new page. This way the user can see full size.

didn't think of that AtomSoft

I wonder what software he used??
When I built my website severa lyears ago I learned alot about image maps etc.
If it has lots of images, which slow down the download time then you lost a viewer if it takes more than 5 seconds to load the site.
If you have small images but have them with internal links to larger picture then your ok on download time.
YES larger pictures would aid in the design of the site. But only if you have internal links.
I used NETFIRMS software for free.
not sure if my site is even up anymore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back