Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth to FM Transmitter Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalCarbine

Hey Forum :)

I've been thinking about a my senior electrical engineering design project and I've come up with an FM transmitter that will connect to phones via blue tooth and transmit music/sound via FM to a car stereo.

Basically

Phone Audio -> Bluetooth -> FM -> Car Radio

I've done some research on FM-Transmitters and I've already obtained several Maxim oscillator IC's which will help me in the construction of the FM-transmitter part of the project. However, I've been having difficulties finding the correct blue tooth solution. I know solutions exist with bluetooth and FM Tx/Rx built into one chip but that'd take the fun out of the project. So far I've looked into these possible solutions:

CSR BlueCoreX (preferably 4 with built in ROM, 5 and up have built in FM)
Blu2i (Read about this on this forum, however appears to be OEL...)
BISM2 (Blu2i's successor I think)
ConnectBlue

The phone I'll be using as my test subject will be my Blackberry Bold. For stereo audio purposes it uses the A2DP profile to transmit from phone over bluetooth. I'm not sure if this is what I should be looking at in terms of BB Bluetooth communication types, I've also read information about AT and some other form. I'm not sure exactly where I should start looking in terms of what dev kit to use. Any advice is appreciated!

82 views, no replies :( I think I found my right solution, Laird also produces the BTM510/520 which is basically the Bluecore4 (same as BISM2/Blu2i) but with the correct stack profiles for this application, A2DP and several others, I can't seem to find a dev kit for it anywhere, just BTM404 and lower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back