Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Signal Jammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow100

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum so please be gentle.

My neighbours are causing an absolute nuisance with their loud "urban" music. It's driving me absolutely crazy. I have exhausted all avenues to resolve this issue and the only alternative left is to find a way to disrupt the communication between their phone and bluetooth speaker.

I live upstairs and they live downstairs so the range would not need to be long. I also do not want to disrupt my other neighbours' bluetooth devices.

The first question is:

1. Is it possible to build a short range Bluetooth Jammer?

2. If the answer is yes, do they actually work and what would be the cost?

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this.

Troy.

In most countries, this would be illegal for you to use any jamming device on publicly available frequencies (or any frequencies for that matter)
Even if you had such a jammer, it would block all bluetooth and wifi within a specific distance, you could not just jam "one user". It would be all or nothing.

Another alternative would be to move, or complain to the landlord if both of you are renting in the same building.

Deliberate interference to legitimate radio communications is illegal in all civilised countries.
Soliciting illegal activities is against the terms and conditions of this forum.

This thread is locked.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back