Bluetooth project

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl10Greg

Hello,

I am working on my first project involving bluetooth. I have a bluesmirf bluetooth module (silver) that spark fun sells and I am using a arduino to process the data I want to send. I have a BT dongle and I can connect to the module and configure it to all my settings. It is connected and working correctly. The problem I am running into is the lack of knowledge on how to transmit serial data over bluetooth.

I am using Putty and have the connection. What is the syntax to send the actual data? I know how to read and act on the results from the Rx line of the module but I don't know how to send commands. Any help would be useful. I know this is a newbish question but I am new to the bluetooth world.

Anyone?

I searched the forums a little bit more but I guess this must be a really newb question since no one seems to have this problem

reading up on it, iv seen users use WINDOWS hyper-terminal, but in reality im 2 steps behind you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…