Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth project

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl10Greg

Hello,

I am working on my first project involving bluetooth. I have a bluesmirf bluetooth module (silver) that spark fun sells and I am using a arduino to process the data I want to send. I have a BT dongle and I can connect to the module and configure it to all my settings. It is connected and working correctly. The problem I am running into is the lack of knowledge on how to transmit serial data over bluetooth.

I am using Putty and have the connection. What is the syntax to send the actual data? I know how to read and act on the results from the Rx line of the module but I don't know how to send commands. Any help would be useful. I know this is a newbish question but I am new to the bluetooth world.

Anyone?

I searched the forums a little bit more but I guess this must be a really newb question since no one seems to have this problem :(

reading up on it, iv seen users use WINDOWS hyper-terminal, but in reality im 2 steps behind you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back