Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blueroom FireFly manual & Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartleph

Hi all,
Does anyone know where i might ba able to download the manual and schematic for my Firefly Dev Board? I've only recently discovered it in my collection of kit, but cant find any of the documentation. Any help gratefully received.
Paul

I am sure there are copies of that manual around. I might even have one (I will check this coming Saturday). The problem is that it is copyrighted. Without Bill's permission (Blueroomelectronics), it cannot be posted. Bill is a member of ETO, and I hope he chooses to respond. If not, and you must understand why he would not want it reprinted here, you are probably out of luck.

I will check whether I have that manual and its copyright on Saturday and update here whatever the outcome.

John

I am sure there are copies of that manual around. I might even have one (I will check this coming Saturday). The problem is that it is copyrighted. Without Bill's permission (Blueroomelectronics), it cannot be posted. Bill is a member of ETO, and I hope he chooses to respond. If not, and you must understand why he would not want it reprinted here, you are probably out of luck.

I will check whether I have that manual and its copyright on Saturday and update here whatever the outcome.

John
Thanks John.. I appreciate your help.

Having looked through the assembly document, I see no copyright messages or indeed anything mentioning restrictions of any kind.

You may be under the misconception that a work needs to contain a notice of copyright in order to be protected. In the US and Canada copyright protection exists from the moment of creation. Here is a snippet from Wikipedia related to Canadian law:

upload_2013-11-1_16-7-32.png

American law is similar, as are the laws of other nations that are party to the Berne Convention (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_law_of_the_United_States ). Registration of a copyright only makes enforcement easier.

I am glad you were able to find the manual on the Robotshop site.

John

Yes John, I am aware of the Berne Convention Implementation Act 1988, the Copyright Act R.S.C 1985 and the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988, in so far as they affect my world. I am by no means an expert in the field of international copyright law, nor purport to be, but my own personal opinion is that, in this case, Fair Dealing covers this under section 29 of the Copyright Act, you may see it otherwise. However as many a high rolling lawyer has found out to their cost when challenging a contravention under these acts, it really depends on the subjective opinion and interpretation of the court on the day :)

Geez oh grief. I'm sorry, but the copyright issue is just silly here. The document is posted on the web already. If Bill/Blue Room Electronics has an issue with that, he should go after the site where it's posted.

Providing a link to something already posted should not invoke pages of discussion about copyright law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back