Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

blood pressure/heart rate controlled time lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a woodworker that enjoys electronics and magnetivity. i make custom woodworking lock boxes with hidden magnetic locks. what i'm trying to conceive is some type of heart rate monitor locking/unlocking device, or a blood pressure band.

two things:
1. if i got my hands on an electronic blood pressure cuff, in the box you have to put your arm inside the box while it's locked to actually reach the lock. when you insert your arm, the cuff automatically tightens, and this serves as a security feature for the lockbox. of course if you can't unlock the box, you're kinda screwed, until the timelock's timer countdowns, then the blood-pressure cuff releases and your arm is free again.

2. if i had a heart rate monitor hooked up to a lock device, you would attach it to your arm, and actually have to get your heart rate on a specific number for a few seconds, sending a signal to a switch that unlocks the box. how can i accomplish either of these problems?

thanks,
David Dix

So you put your meds on the box...if your heart rate or BP is high enough the box opens and your get your meds? :eek:

Ken

no

that's not it's intention, but it's possible. my lockboxes are designed for keeping and safeguarding personal items. if you know how to control your emotions, i think you can actually increase or decrease your heart rate just by putting certain thoughts in your head. if you make yourself really angry, your rate will probably increase, opening the box, or if you know how to calm yourself, that may also open the box. an emergency pill box is not a bad idea though.

My wife was a biofeedback tech. You're in for a lot of practice...and don't expect much reliability on the anger-management security system. ;)

Ken

that's not it's intention, but it's possible. my lockboxes are designed for keeping and safeguarding personal items. if you know how to control your emotions, i think you can actually increase or decrease your heart rate just by putting certain thoughts in your head. if you make yourself really angry, your rate will probably increase, opening the box, or if you know how to calm yourself, that may also open the box. an emergency pill box is not a bad idea though.

Hi David,
Almost everyone has different BP levels depending upon the time of day, not counting the changes due to illness etc.
The same variability applies to the pulse rate in PPM.

IMHO the PPM and BP are a non starter.:)

EDIT:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back