Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Block diagram of a digital multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy257

Hi Guys

ive been searching for a block diagram of a digital multimeter. Basically i need something to show me how it works and all the different parts inside of the meter. The internet has nothing. I was hopeing someone on here might have a clue as to what goes on inside or knows of a book with a diagram in. If anyone could scan me one in and host it here that would be fantastic

cheers for any help

andy

Well, there are different designs but you could go as simple as putting
ADC and display together (with 7-segment driver). There are specialized
chips that do something like that (actually they usually utilize comparator)
and multiplex 3-4 digits (ICL7106, ICL7107 etc.). You could use VCO and
frequency counter (just to mention something different). All methods
have some pro and contra (cost, accuracy, ...). Check this out

https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/014/ilc7107.pdf

There are some block diagrams on pages 8 and 9

Here's a block diagram of an older Micronta (Radio Shack) autoranging DMM catalog number 22-193, as found in the service manual for that meter...

**broken link removed**

ChrisP said:
Here's a block diagram of an older Micronta (Radio Shack) autoranging DMM catalog number 22-193, as found in the service manual for that meter...

**broken link removed**
I dont know how I save your block diagram from the forum.Thanks! For 22-193 dmm micronta .

Micronta 22-193

trewq said:
I dont know how I save your block diagram from the forum.Thanks! For 22-193 dmm micronta .

I have a Radio Shack Micronta 22-193. I need a manual, etc. because I don't know how to operate it. It has a digital readout. Does the manual include the block diagram? Can anyone help?

owners manual micronta 22-193

I have a like new Micronta 22-193 multimeter still in it`s original packaging.
I t also has the Owner`s manual but I am at a loss on how to upload it.
debruse@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back