Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blinking the LEDs proportional to Bass of the sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

zubair.mehmood

dear all

once i connected the led at the input of speaker and observed its blinking on the moments of the high bass. but when i connected the large string of LEDs, it burnt out some of internal ICs of the stereo system. I think it exceeded the current requirement. Am i right???

Now i want to build a large array of LEDs on a wall and want to blink these like the LEDs of the equalizer display. Can you help me :confused:

Thanks in advance :D

Your best bet would be a Google of "Color Organ" as those are the type circuits you are after. They come in a wide variety of circuits with varied frequency responses for ranges of frequency. Yes, you likely overloaded your system doing what you did.

Ron

An LED is a DIODE. It needs a resistor or circuit to limit its current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back