Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bleach, water and my SNES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vimes

Hey guys, so i have found my old snes and over the years it has become discolored and needs a good bleaching. The problem is that i don't have the right screwdriver to take the case off (tried the biro trick, doesn't work).

Now i know that if any electronic thing gets wet it will still work if dried completely (providing there was no current when it got wet) so my question is if i soak the whole console in warm water and bleach, is that going to do any perminent damage by itself (i realise this is a crazy idea). Also same question about the cartridges.

I appreciate any feedback, thankyou.

No. Water is relatively harmless for most things which is why all you need to do is dry it out well for it to work again. Bleach is not.

Get the right screwdriver off Ebay, remove the plastic parts of the case and soak that. Then reinstall the electronics afterwards? It's like what? $20 at the most.

Last edited:
i wasn't expecting the screwdriver to be expensive, just having a couple of "those months" where a tin of beans is expensive :p Thanks for the reply, i shall wait until i can get the case off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back