Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC motor and PID loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for medical application.
A bone drill.
Small size and performance are priority.
So, for this task, I have choosed a high quality Maxon motor with high power density.

I think it is very difficult to help you further without seeing any actual measurement. You would need to get data of the setpoint value, PID output and motor speed. Step responses to up and down. If you can get that data out of the microcontroller in a text file, that would be ok because I can plot that with matlab.
Easy way to simulate rapid load changes would be to connect a power resistor in series with the motor phases (two resistors in parallel, switch the other one on and off).

Last edited:
I think it is very difficult to help you further without seeing any actual measurement. You would need to get data of the setpoint value, PID output and motor speed. Step responses to up and down. If you can get that data out of the microcontroller in a text file, that would be ok because I can plot that with matlab.
Easy way to simulate rapid load changes would be to connect a power resistor in series with the motor phases (two resistors in parallel, switch the other one on and off).

Hi misterT,

Thank you for your interest on this topic.
I will do a log file to acquire all data.
I should post the results soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back