Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC controller, 2 part question

Status
Not open for further replies.

marfire

Hello, I'm creating a BLDC controller for a 12 volt Moog motor which pulls about 8.8 amps at full load. The sensor section motor itself has a Vcc input and three sensor outputs. I'm wanting to control it with a NJM2624A, but that chip has a rather unusual (IMO) hall sensor section where it has an individual input/output and comparator for each sensor. So my first question is can I bridge the +V across the comparators for the VCC of the motor, or will I simply not be able to use this particular chip?

My second question about this schematic has to do with the capacitors by the power transistors. I assume those are a snubber circuit, but I was wondering what capacitance I should choose (and what voltage for that matter) seeing as how it seems like that would make a resonant circuit. Do I need to measure the inductance for the motor and find my desired frequency and find a capactor that's resonant, and if I do, will that create an unwanted voltage spike?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Attachments

• controller1.jpg
    controller1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back