Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

blank vertical lines appearing across the display screen of my TI calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi :)

For last some days I have been noticing that there are blank vertical lines appearing across the display screen of my TI calculator. The google search didn't help me much though other people seem to have the same issue. Sometimes, there are appearning four lines and sometimes as much as nine; some of them change their location on turning off and on the calculator. What do you I do? I don't think any local technician would be able to fix it. Please help me. Thanks.

Best wishes
PG

It might help if you listed the model number?

Ron

It's missing pixel rows, or pixel columns. It's a common fault.

Sometimes you can fix them by carfull disassembly then VERY carefully clean the tiny rubber strips that join signals from the PCB to the glass LCD. You also need to clean the pcb contacts and the LCD contacts. A touch of alcohol, or 50:50 alcohol and water and very gentle rubbing with a soft lint free cloth.

I had a TI calc that did the same, I was able to get it going twice with strip and clean, but after a few months it got too bad and was unfixable after that, I believe it's caused by a continuing corrosion of the contacts, probably on the LCD glass... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back