Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blackberry LCD with PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabeNC

Have a box of end of contract BB's at work. Most have at least the LCD working. I took one apart to see if there were any parts I could salvage, buttons, vibration motor... etc. Just wondering if anybody has interfaced a PIC with this? Looks like the LCD has a 26 pin connector (?). Having a hard time finding a data sheet for it.

any thoughts?

thanks,

gabe

Attachments

• bb_lcd.JPG
    bb_lcd.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 172
  • bb_lcd_connector.JPG
    bb_lcd_connector.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 168
Probably proprietary. You'd likely have to take one completely apart to find out if there were any IC's inside you could get some more information on. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. With that few number of pins though the driver has to be inside the display itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back