Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bistable relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not know of such expert; but can what you say be replaced with 'latching relay' wording ?

There are many experienced persons on this forum. What are your specific questions?

ak

the application is this:

the objects I am referring to are electromechanical relays (not to be confused with step-by-step relays) which keep the last position of the contact in memory even when the power supply is disconnected.
they can have a single coil or 2 coils with 4 terminals or 2 coils with 3 terminals. it is useless to let the current flow continuously in the coil, a pulse is enough, I think I use a capacitor.
the questions are as follows:
it is clear to me how the single coil version and the 2 coil version with 4 terminals works. it is not the same for those with 2 coils with 3 terminals. I do not understand if it is 2 separate coils with 2 terminals joined together or if it is a single support on which 2 coils are wound with a central socket such as transformers.
I would like to know how many ways there are to control all these versions described above in order to choose the one that best suits me. I have only one port available (it can appear as a high state or a low state) to drive the relay, which is why I have already discarded the H bridges.
to drive the single coil relay I have thought of a solution that I like. use a dual power supply -6 + 6 and a darlington pair (with internal diodes to discharge the overvoltage created by the coil) complementary push pull by placing the capacitor on the base of the transistor, or a sziklai pair, but it seems that there are no integrated.
tell me how you can drive the coils of the other 2 relay versions consisting of 2 coils.
last question: the only difference I know about the three relay versions is the number of coils and their configuration. do you know other differences?
finally a consideration, it would be convenient for me to find bistable signal relays with four contacts but I don't think they exist

There is several latching relay types with single or dual coils or number of terminals. Polarity reversal or not. Each has its method of energizing / change of state.
Do your search with the term 'latching relay' to find all about them.

Please post a part number, vendor page, or at least a photo.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back