Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Birds - what's in your garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told you I was crap on birds! :D
That's an interesting role reversal: how do you get the birds to sit still long enough?

(I bet I get in trouble for *that*...)

We had a family of cardinals last summer. Couple of broods, in fact. Been feeding them for a couple years, first time I have seen any young 'uns. Was pretty funny, Mom cardinal appeared in the yard with just-fledged Junior in tow. Junior landed on the garage roof, while Mom flew over to demonstrate where the food is at. Junior flies over, lands (badly) on the very top of the (cylindrical plastic) feeder, starts poking away at the top of it, can't figure out how to get the seeds out.

Last edited:
I don't know what this bird is, but it was squawing around the back door last week and I got this photo right before I smacked it in the head with a shovel and buried it.

**broken link removed**

Admit to it. All what's left is bones.

You ate it. Along with the Triceratops a week earlier.

kv :D

They aren't as bad as these birds we had back in the Carolinas. Used to swoop in off the shoreline...

**broken link removed**

...abduct a half-dozen people or more...

**broken link removed**

...then drop their victims in a volcano.

Found one of these critters in my shadehouse.

magpie.jpg

Cheers Bryan:D

Attachments

• 2009_02150001.JPG
    2009_02150001.JPG
    801.4 KB · Views: 242
Talking about birds

We have moved a bit closer to Johannesburg now, a couple of days ago, a massive martial eagle almost caught our Labrador, luckily the commotion attracted a nearby cheetah which lept from under it's tree. The eagle caught sight of it and veered in another direction.
I could gather the dog and family and we decided to abandon our afternoon walk.
It was quite exciting though.

If you believed my African story, you are quite gullible.;)
You will not find better bird life that on the African continent, just watch out for the other critters.
:D

I don't know what this bird is, but it was squawing around the back door last week and I got this photo right before I smacked it in the head with a shovel and buried it.

**broken link removed**

You dumb dodo! Why'd you go and do that?

If you believed my African story, you are quite gullible.;)
You will not find better bird life that on the African continent, just watch out for the other critters.
:D

Oh yes indeed... Africa is teaming with amazing and spectacular bird life. I understand this to be a very common example of it:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back