Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Binary Count down timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugehead

HI

I am looking to create - using D-Type flip flops- a count down timer.
It is required to count from 50 to zero as each input of a pulse, and able to be shown on 7 segment displays. I have found a circuit that counts form 16 to zero, but cld not work out how to reset to 10. or infact 50 as i need.

many regards

hugehead

Using D_types would require a lot of logic. Why not investigate CMOS 4000 series presettable up/down counters? These can be cascaded and loaded with any number you like. Binary output to a suitable 7 segment driver and there you are.

I agree

I suggest two 4017 counter chips, controling two seperate 4511 chips, which inturn lights up the 7 seg LEDs. I wish I had a schematic for you, but this is a new comp, and I don't have any of my software loaded yet. If you have any questions, ask author Dave Cutcher(Evil_Genius).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back