Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Big dissapointment, Need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it that your a tech on the project. Don't be afraid to consult the design engineers for help (Send an email if out of reach). They are often happy to assist you in learning the product, and your will learn much from them... :)

Could you help me out with it?

It would help me to know what DC voltage should i expect on both pins of each crystal.

Moreover, could excessive capacitance cause the crystal to output unsteady frequency?
What could cause this?
Excessive capacitance? wrong DC bias voltage?

Could you help me out with it?

It would help me to know what DC voltage should i expect on both pins of each crystal.

Moreover, could excessive capacitance cause the crystal to output unsteady frequency?
What could cause this?
Excessive capacitance? wrong DC bias voltage?

I suggest you start your own thread and not hijack this one. With over 100 post you should know the etiquette of this forum.

I suggest hiring an engineer.

More and more this is starting to look like a sensible solution. Companies tend to fire the dirty stinky engineers. Ick! Nobody likes them. It takes money away from the important executives and CEO's who get paid insane salaries because they save the company money after a project is finished by firing the engineers.

More and more this is starting to look like a sensible solution. Companies tend to fire the dirty stinky engineers. Ick! Nobody likes them. It takes money away from the important executives and CEO's who get paid insane salaries because they save the company money after a project is finished by firing the engineers.

I think what we see here is Chinese folks trying to copy someone else's design. Most of them simply can't afford to have an engineer on a project.

How on earth did you get a job that you are so obviously unprepared for?
My guess based on your your two known other aliases I guess you're between 14 & 17 yrs old, not been to College / University OR you are a student and you don't want to appear to be one.

Are there no real engineers in the company you work for you could ask questions? What happened to the designers who made said product you're working on?

First i'd like to say that i'm no chinies, bro.

To Bil.
Really I appreciate your opinion and sayings therefore i'm having this conversation with you.
I havent begun yet my 3'rd year in uinversity.
I competed only two year in electrical engineering.

On the other hand, I designed many circuits, passed the stage of making stupid mistakes like (I guess) anyone does at the first 2 month in his job (Or isnt it true?), I learnd how to define in code GPIO/peripheral pins of MCU (In/Out, Rising/falling edge interrupt and so on..., SPI & UART perihperals, ADC), how different kinds of relay work, and some subjects that I dont remember now.

How much should I know for a second year student who started working almost 6 month ago?

Would you expect me to know how crystal work and bias voltage should it receive for example?

One other thing, I cant talk about my company, But trust me we do hire an engineer which we consult.
It just that he isnt availabe to us all the time, therefore i'm asking you guys.

Last edited:
I learnd how to define in code GPIO/peripheral pins of MCU (In/Out, Rising/falling edge interrupt and so on..., SPI & UART perihperals, ADC), .

How about the OSC settings? Might be as simple as that. If you have it set for the wrong one, it will sometimes run, but be unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back