Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bidirectional dc current sensing with 358 or 324 op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
normally adc reading are as
Code:
result = 0;
for (i=0;i<20;i++)
{ set_adc_channel(0);
delay_ms(1);
result=result+read_adc(); 
result = result/20 ; }
if its right
If you're trying to oversample the ADC reading, that is not the way to do it: you should only divide the result sum by 20 once, outside the loop.

If you're trying to oversample the ADC reading, that is not the way to do it: you should only divide the result sum by 20 once, outside the loop.

then, whats the best method for its ADC reading ?

New  Image.PNG
what u say about this sch ?
New  Image.PNG

when i use this sch it , but found IN4148 drooped 0.350 volt then , our gain formula whats ?
have u any guidance for it , those help me lot
sorry my bad English .

1) Your circuit will have one diode drop of error. If you use two op-amplifiers to do this job you need the diode inside the feedback loop.
2) You can measure the voltage 1000/second and do the rectification in software. (no diodes)

1) Your circuit will have one diode drop of error. If you use two op-amplifiers to do this job you need the diode inside the feedback loop.
2) You can measure the voltage 1000/second and do the rectification in software. (no diodes)
sir g
1 :--) when 1 opamp give reading(in +ve volt) then that time other opamp give reading(in -ve volt). so its region i used 2 IN4148 diode inside.

2 :--) i cont understand measure the voltage 1000/second and do the rectification in software. pl giv me a exampol

2) No op-amps. Above we talked about a current sensor that has a output of 1/2 of your reference voltage when there is zero current.
Zero voltage is a large current. Vref= a large current.
ADC reading in 8 bit math, signed 8 bit.
0000 0000 = maximum current (+)
0111 1111 = very small current
1000 0000= very small current
1111 1111= maximum current (-)

Next find absolute value. ( you have only positive numbers)

With simple math you can find, peak, average, RMS, any thing you want.

upload_2014-11-23_19-56-52.png

You can do this math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back