Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bi-directional cable line amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doofmaster924

I just purchased a 1 input 4 output bi-directional cable 8 Db amplifier to improve my cable internet connection and picture on my television. I already have a 14 Db amplifier(bi-directional 1 to 1) for my main television. The combination of these amps gives a bad picture quality. To expirement I then took the 14 Db amp and put the input cable(source) into it. I then took the output of that and put it into the 8 Db amp input. The output of the combination was decidedly horrid. It was more snow than picture. Why does this happen? Is there any way i can use the 14 Db amp to improve anything? Thanks

Just guessing here but the 1 to 4 splitter is designed to be a distribution amp and not a point amplifier. That and the fact that You cascaded the amps means that the TV is not only being overdriven, but they also amplify noise as well as signal. If you have a picture problem notify the cable company.......unless it's an illegal tap. In that case put the amp at the feed side not the TV side, and try to find an amp that has a variable gain that you can fine adjust.

You should not need an amplifier on the cable line, even with a passive 1:4 splitter, there should be enough signal to give a good picture. There must be a problem with your television.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back