Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bi-Color Diode Hookup question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 0x00x0,

Obviously something went wrong with the bi-color led.
Here's a circuit with two individual leds.

on1aag.

yeah, this whole circuit I am trying to build (of which these LED's are a part of) is cursed, it seems...

I tried the other one, it didn't work, but the whole circuit is behaving unexpectedly, so I think it was just a symptom of a bigger problem..

It is good to learn all these different ways of accomplishing the same thing, though :)

Isn't it amazing (and frustrating) how something so simple can give you such a headache? I was just wondering, did you try the two reversed LEDs in parallel like what was suggested? If so what do you mean by "...but the whole circuit is behaving unexpectedly...". What are your symptoms? Also, i haven't seen it mentioned yet, but what are you using to drive the circuit?

Isn't it amazing (and frustrating) how something so simple can give you such a headache? I was just wondering, did you try the two reversed LEDs in parallel like what was suggested? If so what do you mean by "...but the whole circuit is behaving unexpectedly...". What are your symptoms? Also, i haven't seen it mentioned yet, but what are you using to drive the circuit?

Sure is.. I love tinkering with electronics. The more I play with it the more I see there is to learn about it..

I have not yet done the two LED's in parallel, I was trying to get the main part of the circuit working, which, thanks to Audioguru and others, I have. The problem was I was using 2 opamp IC's where the schematic was really only calling for one. It actually works with 2 IC's as long as you power up the second one :D .. The schematic has the one IC divided up into 2 sections and therein was the confusion on my part. You can examine it here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/circuit-not-functioning-as-expected.41646/

The circuit runs of a trio of 9v batteries in series..

Ok, I just got around to wiring in the LED's in parallel, and it is working great. I used the diagram posted by on1aag above..

Thanks to everyone again! I am learning much at this board..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back