Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beware of Chinese Capacitors! (or products using them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wschroeder said:
the real issue about a method of deceit by a corporation to build bigger profits on the backs of regular people...
For years, Energizer made and sold 1800mAh C size Ni-Cad cells. They also made and sold D size and guess what was inside! The smaller C cell.

Now they import Japanese Ni-MH C and D cells rated at 2500mAh with a little AA cell inside. I don't know which Japanese company makes them but I bet theirs are less expensive than with Energizer's mark-up.

You get what you pay for. If something is cheap then it is cheap.

Avoiding Chinese capacitors in anything is impossible. Even Tom Cruise can't do it! If this is true and it gets in the news, another Chinese executive is gonna get executed. Isn't China great?! On a sidenote, I read that a South Vietnam man was executed in front of a crowded sports stadium. Just for making an international call! What the heck are these orientals smoking! Well...I could probably guess right with one try.

The only reason that fake picture got any traction is because it exploits stereotypes and racism.

By the way, who was/is Piccard?

mneary said:
The only reason that fake picture got any traction is because it exploits stereotypes and racism.

I don't see anything racist about it at all?, playing the racist card seems to be the answer to anything.

As for stereotypes, they are usually sterotypes for good reason.

By the way, who was/is Piccard?

If that's a serious question you've serious lost your 'geekness' rating :D

Perhaps you would do better if it's spelt correctly? 'Picard', christian name 'Jean-Luc'.

Let me rephrase:
The only reason that fake picture got any traction is because some people want to believe that all Chinese factories put out junk and/or fraudulent parts.
Is that better?

Ambient said:
I read that a South Vietnam man was executed in front of a crowded sports stadium. Just for making an international call!
Do you have a source for this info, so we can see what it was really about?

Ambient said:
What the heck are these orientals smoking! Well...I could probably guess right with one try.
Maybe that was what the international (phone) call was about.
He was calling his suppliers in Columbia...

... "Send me another 20kg of that good stuff you sent last time please!"

Who knows?

JimB

iMac Likes to cut corners with their caps:

**broken link removed**

Hero999 said:
HiTech,
Why did you eat at the crappy restaurant?

I would have sat down and noticed the things you're talking about, then left before the waitress came over to take my order.
I was an invited guest amongst a fairly large dinner party. I also didn't pay the dinner bill - thankfully. There is a sparkling clean Chinese buffet located 65 miles from my town. It's well worth the drive for the quality of taste and sanitary conditions... even the restroom sparkles! ironically, it's not managed by Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back