Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beware of Chinese Capacitors! (or products using them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

**broken link removed**

Nice fake piccy hehe

**broken link removed**

Man, that's so funny!

Personally, I have troubles with swollen capacitors in computer mainboards too! I used to have a MSI 5184 motherboard (socket 7) and it has almost all the capacitors with concave tops. Ugh, and worse, I couldn't replace all of them. (I got it 1/3 only). Too bad I sold it away to another person. :)

Those good overclocked graphics card are usually Japanese ones - my faithful Galaxy 7300GT premium uses Nichicons. :)

Energizer puts a lttle AA battery cell in the case of a big C cell and a D cell for their Ni-MH rechargeable battery cells. Then they charge more.
Their spec's are the same.

Old Ni-Cads in the big D case were 2Ah and 4Ah. the new Ni-MH replacements with a little AA cell inside are 2.5Ah and work fine.

Consumers don't know and don't care about 8Ah or 12Ah D cells.

audioguru said:
Old Ni-Cads in the big D case were 2Ah and 4Ah. the new Ni-MH replacements with a little AA cell inside are 2.5Ah and work fine.

Consumers don't know and don't care about 8Ah or 12Ah D cells.
Yes they do, those that know what they're talking about do or they wouldn't sell real rechargeable C and D cells.

I don't believe the picture, it has to be a fake.

It is true though, that cheap and nasty capacitors are over-specified.

They do the same thing with their buffets... that's not true Chinese style food.

There is good food and there is horrible food.
It depends on how much cheating the owner and the cook do.

Some Chinese food buffets have a very wide selection of good food. Others have a limited selection of garbage.

I judge their food by the cleanliness of the surroundings. If the dining room is untidy or their workmanship is very poor, I have to almost believe their kitchen and food prep practices are equally appalling. Good character is something that a person applies to every aspect of their life... even if it's painting dining room walls with some care versus sloppy application and peeling wallpaper.
The one Chinese buffet in my town presented itself with such nonsense it was almost entertaining. The kitchen door was a standard home-grade metal entry door with a semi-circular window at its top. It was left factory primer and the two pre-drilled holes for the knobs were filled with standard residential doorknobs-- two doorknobs, one atop the other!! Tacky backlit, large pictures of China's Yangtzee River had their AC line cords draping across the wall with ext. cords to boot! Some of the table's overhead hanging lamps had 100W floodlamps in them while others had standard lightbulbs! The chair rails on the walls were very sloppily painted, with drips running down for a few inches in a number of spots! The female waitress kept trying to remove our dinner plates even when it was obvious that we weren't finished with them. As a patron, I could hear arguing between the kitchen employees taking place. Upon leaving I noticed that 2/3rds of their front sign wasn't illuminated. It remained that way for a number of months beyond my visit. My final assumptions are they do the minimum required to meet local health dept. enforcement codes. What makes it worse is that the health dept. sends restaurants a notice of their proposed visit, allowing them time to correct any potential infractions. Often they pass inspection and the next day, it's back to the normal state of slop and neglect. I'm very wary of Chinese restaurants, but there are other greasy spoons in business that are equally guilty.

There is one Chinese buffet in town that is respectable.... and another one about an hour's drive that is pristine and classy. I think that one has non-Chinese management from the looks of the entire operation.

I have noticed that big huge fat people go to Chinese buffet restaurants. The owners must cringe when they eat more than 10 times as much as normal people. Night after night after night after night after night .....

audioguru said:
I have noticed that big huge fat people go to ANY type of buffet restaurants. The owners must cringe when they eat more than 10 times as much as normal people. Night after night after night after night after night .....

Sadly, I had to correct your statement to reflect accuracy, here in the States!:eek: :rolleyes:

BTW, here in the states, buffet management is cracking down on those patrons who try to take home "doggie" bags of food. You know... those little old ladies that carry those saddlebag sized purses! They're packing tomorrow evening's dinner in those purses and large coat pockets!:(

I used to go to a Canadian restaurant for a Sunday brunch buffet. I didn't need dinner after it. Lots of good food, as much as you wanted.

There used to be an excellent buffet in Ft. Niagara my family would try to visit when I was a lad. I remember everyone waddling out of that place located near the river. Between having a bloated stomach and watching the rapidly moving currents, it was easy to lose one's meal!!:eek:

HiTech,
Why did you eat at the crappy restaurant?

I would have sat down and noticed the things you're talking about, then left before the waitress came over to take my order.

justDIY said:
so whats the problem then?

I hope your joking. If true, isn't the real issue about a method of deceit by a corporation to build bigger profits on the backs of regular people... you know, non-technical people who have regular jobs and cool kids and haven't clue what a mAH or AH is, but have a jillion things that require batteries?

Selling nothing for something. What's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back